The Tour of Ayrshire is a prestigious cycling festival event which will take place over closed roads and it is expected to attract around 3000 cyclists of all abilities.
The event includes a 20km time trial and the ‘Marmotte Ècosse’ Gran Fondo event covering 137km featuring 1535m of demanding climbs. This will be the first Marmotte event to be held outside of mainland Europe.
The event will take place on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 April 2017.
Saturday 29 April
Mass participation time trial over closed roads open to anyone who wants to experience what it’s like to be a professional cyclist. This takes the form of a Chrono covering 11.6miles/ 18.7km of closed road. The Tour of Ayrshire Chrono is a qualifying event for the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships.
Sunday 30 April
The first Marmotte Gran Fondo ever to be held outside of mainland Europe. This event is held over 69.9miles/112.6km featuring 1535m of demanding climbs with up to 3000 participants.
Visit the Tour of Ayrshire website for cycling routes.
Frequently asked questions
View our frequently asked questions.
Letter to residents
Download the letter to residents that are affected by road closures during the event.
Community activities in Auchinleck
Community activities in Cumnock
Community activities in Irvine Valley
Community activities in Kilmarnock
The local businesses below are offering discounts from Friday 28 April until Monday 1 May 2017. Download and print your discount vouchers.
- Central Park Coffee Shop, 51 Mclelland Drive, Kilmarnock
- Weston Tavern, 27 Main Street, Kilmaurs
- Dumfries Arms Hotel, 54 Glaisnock Street, Cumnock
- Dunlop Dairy, West Clerkland Farm, Stewarton
- everythingCHILLI: www.everythingchilli.co.uk
- iCafe Kilmarnock, 61 King Street, Kilmarnock
- Brownings the Bakers, Bonnyton Industrial Estate, Kilmarnock
- Loudoun Gowf Club, Newmilns Road, Galston
- Greggs, 11 Burns Precinct, Kilmarnock
- The Glasshouse Restaurant, Rowallan Castle Estate, Kilmaurs
- Mossgiel Family Farm, West Mossgiel Farm, Mauchline
- Ayrshire Segway & Hovercraft, Boswells Coach House, Auchinleck
- Brass and Granite, 53 Grange Street, Kilmarnock
- Visions Leisure Centre, Auchinleck Road, Cumnock
- Black Bull Hotel, 2b Montgomerie Street,Tarbolton
- The 43 Latin Steak and Grill House, 43 Titchfield Street, Kilmarnock
- Paris Match, 7-9 Princes Street, Kilmarnock
- Many Thanks, 3 The Cross, Mauchline
Follow and share on social media using #ToA2017