People across Scotland are being encouraged to be patient as the country delivers the COVID-19 vaccination programme – the largest vaccination programme of its kind ever undertaken.
It will take time to establish the impact of the vaccines on transmission of the virus, so it’s important people continue to follow FACTS at all times:
- F – Face covering
- A – Avoid crowded places
- C – Clean your hands regularly
- T – Two metre distance
- S – Self isolate and book a test if you have symptoms
Getting the vaccine is the best way to protect you, your family and friends from the virus.
For more information visit the COVID-19 vaccine page on the NHS Inform website.
Shielding and housebound patients
Local GP practices are continuing to support the programme by administering vaccines to those in the clinically extremely vulnerable (shielding) category and housebound patients during this wave of vaccinations.
Patients in these groups should expect to be contacted by their GP practice directly with details on when they will be offered their vaccination appointment.
Scottish Government: It's time to roll up our sleeves
Appointments are being allocated at the vaccination centre closest to your home postcode. Details on how to reschedule your appointment if you are unable to attend will be given on your letter.
Please remember the following when you attend for your appointment:
- You must bring your appointment letter itself to be admitted to the vaccination centre
- Arrive as close to your appointment time as possible
- Wear a face covering while travelling to and from and during your appointment, and remember to wash your hands regularly
- Do not attend if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- If you develop symptoms you should self-isolate and only reschedule after the self-isolation period
Information about appointments is available on the NHS Ayrshire & Arran website - COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
Public Health Scotland: What to expect at your vaccine appointment
National COVID-19 vaccination helpline
National COVID-19 Vaccination Helpline: 0800 030 8013 is available 8am-8pm seven days a week.