If you get any of the coronavirus symptoms you need to self-isolate right away and stay home for 10 days.
Book your test on the NHS Inform website or by calling 0800 028 2816.
Self-isolation means staying at home all the time, with no other households coming inside.
- Don’t pop to the shops or drop the children off at school, until you have a test result, even if you’re wearing a face covering
- Don’t go to school or nursery
- Don’t take the dog for a walk
- Don’t let people come into your home to bring shopping, look after children or for any other gathering.
If you have children, they need to stay home from school too. Others in your household should stay home for 10 days in case they also develop symptoms. This will prevent the spread of the disease to others and protect your local community.
The latest guidance about self isolation and coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found at:
Scottish Government information
The most common symptoms of coronavirus are new:
- continuous cough
- fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater)
- loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste
If you’ve developed symptoms (however mild), stay at home for 10 days from the start of your symptoms and arrange to be tested. Do not go to your GP, pharmacy or hospital.
You should only phone 111 if your symptoms:
- have not improved after 10 days
- are severe or you have shortness of breath
- worsen during home isolation
You should also phone 111 if you develop breathlessness or it worsens, especially if you:
- are 70 years old or over
- have underlying poor health
- have heart or lung problems
- have a weakened immune system, including cancer
- have diabetes
If you have a medical emergency, phone 999 and tell them you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Testing and vaccination
Find out where you can get tested locally.
Information about the national COVID-19 vaccination programme to protect people in Scotland from the virus.
People who are at highest risk (shielding)
Visit our people at highest risk page for help and support. Full up-to-date guidance is available at mygov.scot: support if you're at highest risk (on the shielding list).
Protect Scotland contact tracing app
Download the Protect Scotland contact tracing app. It's a free mobile phone app designed to help us protect each other and reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Stay safe during the pandemic and follow The Scottish Government's guidance on coronavirus.