Review of parking arrangements
This consultation is now closed. If you have any queries please get in touch with Ayrshire Roads Alliance.
We would like to hear your views on a range of proposals in relation to parking.
These are intended to improve traffic management and parking across East Ayrshire and will ensure a more equitable approach by introducing charges in towns out with Kilmarnock. These proposals will generate additional income to support delivery of the Transformation Strategy and wider town centre regeneration.
We will use your feedback to help Elected Members decide which, if any, of the proposals should be implemented.
- establish a community led regeneration fund to support town centre regeneration
- introduce off street car parking charges for Saturday parking
- extend the enforcement period for on street parking charges from 9am-5pm until 8am-6pm
- introduce additional on street parking spaces in Kilmarnock
- introduce a free residents parking scheme in Kilmarnock with a £1.50 all day charge for non-residents
- introduce on street parking and off street car parking charges in Stewarton and Cumnock
- introduce on street parking charges in Galston and Mauchline
Further details of these proposals are outlined in our Cabinet report (PDF 835Kb).
The consultation will be open from Monday 18 March until Friday 10 May 2019.
How to comment
Complete our online parking survey.
Drop in events
A series of drop in events have been arranged in the communities that could be impacted upon by the parking proposals. These sessions will give you the opportunity to hear more detail about our proposals and to provide your feedback in person.
Drop in events
|Tuesday 2 April 2019
||Mauchline Centre Stane
|Wednesday 10 April 2019
||Cumnock Town Hall
|Wednesday 17 April 2019
||Stewarton Area Centre
|Wednesday 24 April 2019
||The Portland, Galston
Thursday 2 May 2019
||Celebrate Kilmarnock base, King Street, Kilmarnock
Drag your contacts in here.