This consultation is now closed. If you have any queries please get in touch with Planning.
We are consulting on ideas for projects for the Coalfield Communities Landscape Partnership (CCLP).
What is a Call for Projects?
As part of our ongoing regeneration of areas within the Coalfield Communities Landscape Partnership, we're looking for ideas for projects which will make a real and lasting difference to the landscape and the communities who live and visit there.
Ideas for projects for the Coalfield Communities Landscape Partnership (CCLP) can come from a variety of sources. Some ideas will come from specific studies such as the Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) and the community engagement activities undertaken as part of that.
We also welcome project concepts from local organisations and community groups. Obviously there is a budget which constrains the number of projects which can be undertaken, and the group of projects must be complimentary to each other, must achieve our core objectives, and must work effectively within our scheme area. The CCLP Board will review all the project proposals and make the final decision on which will go forward for inclusion in our second round bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund.
To qualify, the projects must meet our four key objectives:
- reveal the past lives of the communities, drawing upon their close relationship with the land, connecting people with their heritage and inspiring stewardship of the landscape
- equip people with the skills and knowledge to manage their landscape sustainably, building capacity and making it a successful place for residents and visitors alike
- address the threats to the natural, built and cultural heritage through conservation, enhancement and promotion, capitalising on the area’s assets for the benefit of people in the landscape
- Create opportunities for learning, recreation and wellbeing within the landscape for people from a range of backgrounds.
Projects will be judged on their ability to meet:
- Heritage Lottery Fund’s (HLF) Heritage, Communities and People outcomes
- CCLP’s key objectives
- their budgetary plan
- a completion date of end November 2025
The CCLP will be able to provide match funding but not full funding for projects. Funding will start at a minimum of 47% but may be greater depending upon the number of successful projects submitted and their individual requirements.
Successful projects will have to submit more detailed project plans to HLF by November 2019.
The consultation for project ideas is open until Thursday 28 February 2019.
How to apply
Alternatively you can collect forms at The Johnnie Walker Bond, 15 Strand Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1HU.
If you wish to discuss a potential project and whether it is suitable for submission, please contact Colin MacDonald on 01563 503276 or email Colin.MacDonald@east-ayrshire.gov.uk. We look forward to hearing from you.