These consultations are now closed. If you have any queries please contact our Education Service.
Reports on the responses
Download our reports on the responses to the public consultations:
The proposed new campus development in the Broomfield area of Cumnock, provisionally labelled the Knockroon Learning and Enterprise Campus, would include :
- a merged primary school, incorporating Greenmill Primary School and Early Childhood Centre and Barshare Primary School, Supported Learning Centre and Early Childhood Centre
- Hillside School
- a merged Auchinleck Academy and Cumnock Academy and Supported Learning Centre
The proposals also include further education and business enterprise facilities. The campus design will be sympathetic to the architecture of Cumnock, continuing the theme at the neighbouring Knockroon development, and will also include excellent sports and recreation facilities accessible by the community. Parents, staff, children and young people will be given a role in developing the design for the campus.
Read our news release about the consultation.
Download our detailed proposal documents:
- New Primary School with Supported Learning Centre and Early Childhood Centre
- New Hillside School
- New Secondary School with Supported Learning Centre
Frequently asked questions
Download our frequently asked questions about the consultation process.
The formal consultation period will commence on Thursday 12 February and will end on Friday 27 March 2015.
Public meetings will be held in the following schools:
- Hillside Special School on Wednesday 25 February 2015 at 7pm
- Barshare Primary School, Supported Learning Centre and Early Childhood Centre on Monday 2 March 2015 at 7pm
- Greenmill Primary School and Early Childhood Centre on Tuesday 3 March 2015 at 7pm
- Cumnock Academy on Wednesday 4 March 2015 at 7pm
- Auchinleck Academy on Thursday 5 March 2015 at 7pm
Associated primary school meetings
- Netherthird Primary on Monday 9 March at 7pm
- New Cumnock Primary on Monday 9 March at 7pm
- Logan Primary on Tuesday 10 March at 7pm
- Muirkirk Primary on Tuesday 10 March at 7pm
- Sorn Village Hall on Wednesday 11 March at 7pm
- Mauchline Primary on Wednesday 11 March at 7pm
- Auchinleck Primary on Thursday 12 March at 7pm
- Ochiltree Primary on Thursday 12 March at 7pm
- Catrine Primary on Monday 16 March at 7pm
- Drongan Primary on Monday 16 March at 7pm
How to comment
Interested parties are invited to respond to the consultation by making written or electronic submissions on the proposal to the:
Executive Director of Educational & Social Services
East Ayrshire Council
Kilmarnock, KA3 7BU
Notes of meetings