Ayrshire Educational Trust (SC018195) - Section 28/29: Competitive University/College Entrance Bursaries
The Ayrshire Educational Trust contributes to widening participation in further and higher education by awarding annual competitive bursaries to pupils attending secondary education within Ayrshire schools who require to overcome financial hardship and would wish to pursue a university or college education.
Six bursaries of £1,000 are available each year, two for East Ayrshire, two for North Ayrshire and two for South Ayrshire. One of the bursaries in each area is for a young person entering a Scottish university. The second bursary in each area is for a young person entering a college in Scotland.
If you are currently attending a secondary school in Ayrshire, or you left during the previous academic session and have not yet entered university or college, then you are eligible for consideration of a bursary award.
The Trust will look at:
- your academic achievement - school record and examination results
- the extent of your financial need - a household income table needs to be completed
- how much you are likely to benefit from your university or college education
Download the bursary application form
If your application is successful, and if you maintain satisfactory progress in your studies and continue to need financial support, you will receive a bursary payment annually in October, for each year of your course.
Applications must be submitted to Heather MacDonald, Economy and Skills, Civic Centre South, John Dickie Street, Kilmarnock KA1 1HW or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the undernoted deadlines:
- 31 March - if you are currently attending a secondary school in Ayrshire
- 1 August - if you left school during the previous academic session and have not yet entered university or college