Who is eligible for an entitlement card?

You are eligible if you live in Scotland and are 60 years old or over.

What bus services can I use?

Please follow the link in Further Information for a summary of concessions available.

In addition, the Scotland-wide free bus travel includes services to and from Carlisle from Dumfries and Galloway and to and from Berwick-upon-Tweed from the Scottish Borders.  Your National Entitlement Card does not give you free bus travel within Carlisle or Berwick-upon-Tweed.

Where can I find travel information?

Traveline Scotland provides journey planning information for people who want to use public transport to get around Scotland.  Please visit their website which can be found in the External Links menu.

What if my National Entitlement Card is lost, damaged or stolen?

You can request a replacement card online or contact our Customer Services Team on 01563 554400 to arrange for a replacement card. You don't need to complete a new application form.

My personal circumstances/details have changed, what do I do?

If you have moved house, changed name or if your concessionary travel entitlement has changed, you can request a replacement card online.

You will be required to provide documentary evidence of the change.

My National Entitlement Card is due to expire what should I do?

You don't need to do anything; a new card will automatically be sent to you.

Are there any other conditions?

You are the only person allowed to use your National Entitlement Card. It is not transferable. Allowing someone else to use it is fraud and may lead to the card being cancelled and your entitlement to use Scotland-wide free bus travel being withdrawn. Travel using a National Entitlement Card is subject to the normal regulations and conditions of carriage of the bus operators concerned. Your card gives you the same rights as those enjoyed by any fare-paying passenger.

Contact Information

National Entitlement Card