Activity on prescription scheme
Activity on Prescription (AOP) is a scheme that allows professionals to refer people who are in need of support to get involved in physical activity, lose weight or improve their mental health. Below are services we provide that professionals can refer people for:
- Invigor8 is a falls prevention class for the frail and elderly who are at risk of falling
- Motiv8 is a class Suitable for people with specific medical conditions that may restrict the individual’s ability to exercise
- Stroke class is suitable specifically for people who have suffered a stroke
- Cardiac Rehab class is suitable specifically for people who have cardiac Issues
- The Move More Programme is in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Scotland and is suitable for people who have had a cancer diagnosis
- Your Path to Better Health and Wellbeing Programme is suitable for people with mild to moderate mental health issues who want to improve their mental health through carrying out 12 week programme developed to encourage positive lifestyle changes such as healthy eating and exercise
- Weigh to Go is suitable for people who want to manage their weight through carrying out a 12 week programme developed to encourage positive lifestyle changes such as healthy eating and exercise
- Support for individuals to access leisure centre facilities and gyms
We also provide Yoga and Activ8 classes and walks that are suitable for people who are more medically fit and confident in their ability to exercise.
These options are advertised in our Fit for Life brochure and do not require a referral from a professional to allow people to attend, so if someone has no medical issues, but just needs a bit of advice on activities please direct them to this. The brochure also has the CHIP Van timetable so if someone wants to speak to the team and get a health check including their weight, BMI and blood pressure they can pop on to the van at their convenience.
Whether you are new to AOP or if you have been referring to us for a while, you will need to register as a referrer before Friday 31 August 2018. If you have not received the registration form and would like to continue using AOP then please complete the Health Professional Registration Form and return to Sophie Smyth, Health Development Officer at Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org.