When the government restrictions eased and allowed the return of physical activity class we worked with East Ayrshire Leisure and our Community partners to restart our health classes.
We are working diligently to make sure that are classes are safe and that all cleaning duties are being carried out before and after sessions.
Activity on prescription
Our Activity on Prescription programme is now accepting referrals from GPs and Health Professionals. Our staff are delivering consultations face to face, over the phone or via video conferencing.
Move More is now back delivering face to face sessions. We have classes in Kilmarnock and Stewarton and you attend the other classes across East Ayrshire. Please contact the Move More team to find out about the classes and how to be referred.
Your path to better health and wellbeing
We are currently working hard on adapting the Your Path to Better Health and Wellbeing Programme into an online format which we hope will be available in early 2021.
If you are concerned about your own or someone else’s mental health then have a look at our help and support section below.
Walking groups at Dean Castle Country Park restarted on Monday 11 January 2021 and at Dumfries House on Thursday 14 January 2021.
Our numbers need to be limited due to COVID-19 restrictions and are subject to strict physical distancing. If you are interested in coming along to one of our walks then use the contact details below. Booking is essential.
In the meantime, if you are interested in finding walks in your local area why not check out Ayrshire Paths or Gillian's Walks both of which have lots of interesting and varied walk routes to suit all ages and abilities. The Paths for all website also offers lots of interesting articles on walking.
Remember and check travel rules depending on what COVID-19 level your region is in and where possible try and stay close to home.
Weigh to go
It can be difficult to manage your own eating habits and health during this challenging time.
For more information on completing a 12 week programme visit NHS inform: 12 week weight management programme.
NHS Ayrshire & Arran have a Healthy Weight NHS Ayrshire & Arran Facebook page which is regularly updated with tips for portion control and health eating strategies.
Health and support
During these difficult times it is important to stick to the latest advice and guidance on limiting physical contact, but that doesn’t mean that you have to get through things all on your own. There are lots of organisations who can help with advice and support:
- Clear Your Head offers hints and tips on keeping active; supporting each other; looking after yourself; creating routine and keeping calmer
- The Samaritans 116 123 offer a free confidential listening service 24 hours a day 365 days a year so if you are feeling down open up and seek help, don’t struggle alone
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 have experienced advisors who will listen to how you are feeling and offer information and advice
- Information on how you can access support for your mental health at your local GP Surgery through a Mental Health Practitioner, as well as how you can access suicide prevention counselling.
- Visit our Wellbeing pages for more help and advice.