Adult Guidance is available to all individuals who are involved in community-based adult learning or community groups. The service is impartial, learner centred, free and confidential, and helps learners to make informed decisions about their future learning and development.
The service is designed to be easily accessible to people living in East Ayrshire and provides information and support across four main areas:
- Education and Training – information on community-based learning, college or university courses
- Community Involvement – information on volunteering, community groups and active citizenship
- Employment – assistance with CVs, job applications, advice on training for employment
- Personal Development – information on confidence building and personal development
Guidance Workers engage with learners and groups who require advice and guidance on their learning and personal development. They:
- network with other agencies and organisations and provide learners with information on learning opportunities
- help learners to plan their learning journey and support them to identify their learning goals
- work with learners to develop Individual Learning Plans to help them plan their learning and measure their progress
- provide information on the funding available for learning and training
- help learners develop a personal Curriculum Vitae to enhance their employment prospects
- help learners to progress by referring them to other organisations for support
To find out how you can access Adult Guidance support, please contact your local Community Learning and Office using the details below.