More and more people are getting involved in their communities as volunteers, offering their time and energy to improve the quality of life for themselves and others.
Volunteering provides a huge range of opportunities with the chance to:
- build new skills
- meet new people
- use your skills to benefit others
- gain valuable voluntary work experience
Volunteer Centre East Ayrshire can provide information for voluntary groups in East Ayrshire who are looking for volunteers or for individuals who wish to volunteer.
Services provided include:
- Access to local and national database of volunteering opportunities
- Drop-in centre in Kilmarnock town centre and Cumnock for people wishing to volunteer
- Advice and training sessions on the disclosure system for individuals and groups
- Hints and tips on recruiting and retaining volunteers
Volunteer Scotland provides a list of volunteering opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering visit their website to see what is available locally or phone 01563 544765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
28-30 Grange Street
Tel: 01563 544765
East Ayrshire Council of Voluntary organisations (CVOEA) can provide information for voluntary groups in East Ayrshire or for individuals who wish to volunteer. The services provided include:
- assistance with funding applications
- assistance with development of constitutions
- access to trust fund information and fund finder
- access to typing services and photocopying facilities
- training for management committee and volunteers
Visit the CVOEA website