We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. About cookies we use.

Direct payments

If you are assessed as requiring a community care service you can ask for a direct payment. This means that instead of having the service provided by the Council, you can ask for the money to allow you to buy your own services appropriate to your assessed needs.

Why choose a direct payment?

Direct payments give you more control over your life and the plans you make. It enables you to choose who supports you, how and when.

You can use direct payment money to:

  • employ a personal assistant to come to your home
  • contract with an agency or organisation
  • pay for an alternative to a day service
  • arrange a short break/respite

Who can receive a direct payment?

Those who are entitled to receive a direct payment include:

  • adults assessed as needing community care services
  • parents, or people with parental responsibility for a child with additional support needs (under the age of 18) who has been assessed as requiring a community care service
  • attorneys and guardians with welfare and financial powers to act on behalf of the person who needs the services
  • older people

You can easily revert back to Social Work arranging your services if it doesn’t suit you.

For more information on direct payments, you can download our leaflets on direct payments, or alternatively contact us using the details below.










Contact Information

Social Services (Dalmellington)
33 Main Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01292 552900
Social Services (Cumnock)
Rothesay House
1 Greenholm Road
East Ayrshire
KA18 1LH
Telephone: 01290 427720
Social Services (Galston)
Ross Court
Titchfield Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01563 503400
Social Services (Kilmarnock)
The Johnnie Walker Bond
15 Strand Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01563 554200